Tuesday, January 27, 2009

There's no escape

I used to be pro-Palestinian way back when I believed that the main stream media told the truth. I'm wiser now. More on that in later posts.

When I moved to Idaho, I foolishly believed that I had escaped the dreariness of green and flat Detroit for the freshness of the Rocky mountains. I got the fresh mountains, but there is no escaping the dreariness of Eastern Liberals. Case in point, Diana J. Peavey. Ms. Peavey married into a wealthy cattle/sheep family in Central Idaho. She wrote a book on this area and writes essays of the quaint life here in Idaho. I know she came from the East Coast or something to that effect. I wish she'd go back there. I've always found her pieces condescending and annoying, but I figured she was harmless enough.

Then she did this piece on the Gaza strip. This woman has enough money to fly to Israel so she can diss the Israelis. Bear with me on this and listen to her "essay" in its entirety. Bring along a waste paper basket if you have any inclination for vomiting.

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/idaho/.jukebox?action=viewMedia&mediaId=814978

There is no getting away from the bombardment of Liberal drivel, even here in Idaho. Good Lord, BSU radio doesn't even have the gumption to even things out with a thoughtful Liberal.


2 comments:

  1. Uggh! I tried to comment using Opera as the browser, and wouldn't you know it...none of the letters would show up in the verification box. But what I said was: Glad that you have a blog! We agree with each other about the Palestinians. And having lived in both Montana AND Washington, I can assure you that there are more conservatives here in Lancaster County PA than where you are at! Seriously. It isn't just the NE, Upper midwest Liberal, it is the Hollyweird and Seattle mutant of the same species, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jewel. Yes, you are correct about the West Coast Liberals. They all want to tell us how to think. Funny thing is, I have found the conservatives to be way more open minded and tolerant. We had a trans-sexual working in our office and the only person that made the nasty wisecracks was the flaming Liberal, who was from Texas, BTW. I lived in Helena for a year. Winters are a drag there.

    ReplyDelete